Cleaning and maintenance are needed once you have your own home. Of course, it is not just about having somewhere to live in but also something as an investment. A home is a great asset to have, and you will just need to add some changes to make the value higher.
The kitchen is said to be one of the things that should be maintained and remodeled if needed because of how it increases the value. Having a stainless steel sink will be a great addition in the kitchen. It is long-lasting, but you will have to maintain it to make it look new. Here are the steps to cleaning it:
1. Have the Materials and Tools
The first thing you will need to do is to gather the materials and tools needed. They are important for cleaning the sink. You will need something to scrub your sink with and a sponge would be great to avoid scratches. Then the other cleaning materials include baking soda and white vinegar. You will also need lemon and olive oil for added shine and smell.
2. Clean It Up
Before you put the baking soda, rinse the sink first with water so that dirt and crumbs will be removed. Then after that, you can now coat the sink with baking soda. Use a sponge to scrub it. After that, you will rinse it with vinegar. As it starts to fizz, continue scrubbing it to remove the harder surfaces. The vinegar will help with that and also for disinfection. After that, rinse it with water. Use a cloth or towel in drying the sink, so that marks will not form.
3. Deodorize It
For the sink to be deodorized or to smell fresh, you will need to have some lemon slice or peel or even an orange slice or peel and have it scrub all over the sink. It will be adding a great smell and will also help to add a bit of shine. It will also make your sink look fresher and will add more cleanliness to it.
4. Make It Sparkle
If you want to really add more shine to your sink, you can easily do it and do not have to spend a lot of money with it. All you need is olive oil. You will just need a paper towel or cloth that is lint0free then add just a drop of olive oil to wipe all over the sink until it sparkles.
Some Extra Tips for the Maintenance of Stainless Steel Sink
- Avoid cleaning with soap for they dry and leave marks
- A sponge is used for cleaning and it is the best because it does not leave scratches, unlike steel ones. If you need something to clean up the harder ones, use a scouring pad.
- Always maintain cleanliness after using the sink to avoid bacteria and hard-to-clean dirt.
- Always maintain the sink dry.
- Always protect yourself by wearing protective gloves in cleaning the sink.
- Make sure to not leave sponges or food bits in the sink to avoid bacteria.